2021 Cyber Security Round-up08/03/2022
KPMG Tauranga Office | 247 Cameron Road - Level 2, Tauranga, Bay of Plenty
|12:00-12:10||Arrivals & Networking|
|12:10-12:20||Welcome and Cyber Security News Update, Jon Edney [CISSP, CEH]|
|12:20-12:35||Introduction to NZITF, Reyna Ramirez Montes, NZITF Vice-Chair/Treasurer|
|12:35-13:30||2021 Cyber Security Round-up, Simon Howard, Technical Manager & Owner, ZX Security|
- This event will start slightly earlier than usual as we are welcoming Reyna Ramirez Montes, NZITF Vice-Chair & Treasurer, to give a quick introduction to the NZ Internet Task Force before the main presentation.
Simon will provide an entertaining, jargon-free, whirlwind tour of the following topics in cyber security:
- The major cyber security risks facing business
- What’s hot in the cyber crime world
- Case studies of NZ businesses that have recently being compromised
- Insight into what a hacker actually does on your network
- Security controls you can put in place to stay safe at home (or at work)
Simon Howard is technical manager and owner of ZX Security, a penetration testing firm based in Wellington. Simon and his team spend their days testing the security of their customers networks, applications and people. In addition to penetration testing, they also provide cloud security consultancy, and virtual Chief Information Security Officer (vCISO) services.
Simon also co-founded and assists with running Australasia’s largest hacker conference, Kiwicon (recently re-branded as Kawaiicon). Over 2,200 hackers, developers, project managers and people with a general interest in the cybers will be attending this November 12-13th at the Michael Fowler Centre in Wellington.